Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, February 8, 2010

GOOD NEWS ... BAD NEWS

First the bad news ...

It's going to be another crummy week.

When I opened the front door this A.M. -- which is pretty much standard, as my cat, Nibblets likes to go outside first thing in the morning -- I was greeted by a landscape of WHITE. We had at least two inches of snow over night.

When I went down to the road to get the newspaper -- which was not there, nor has it been delivered yet -- I found it was a wet, heavy snow, the kind if you get enough of, will bring down electrical power lines. That's (potential) bad news.

For the first couple hours we had a light snow, mixed with some rain & sleet. More (potential) bad news for icing, when the temperatures drop later in the day. Luckily, it's just above freezing on my thermometer for now.

For the past 90 minutes or so, it's been a MAJOR snow storm outside -- big, wet flakes of snow, covering up the tracks made previously by me & the cats.

Oh, yeah. The cats. Despite the snow, Nibblets has gone outside & returned several times. Each time I have had to dry her off with a towel. The last time she went out the front door ... only to come around to the side door & want inside. Make up your mind !!

Wobs went out once(t) ... didn't like it ... came right back in. That has not stopped her from leading me to the door, indicating she wants to go outside, but just wants me to hold the door open so she can look & smell. Maybe it is a joke on me; letting in the cold air.

I am glad I re-filled all the bird feeders yesterday. Today I have scattered mixed seed on the ground under the bird feeders, as there are literally several hundred birds in the yard. [Which is another reason Wobs wants to "look".]

More bad news. The radio announcer says the forecast is for two or three more inches of snow, then rain later & a low temperature of 26 tonight. High of 33 for tomorrow !!! I HATE THIS WEATHER !!

_________________________________________________________

I stopped typing for a few minutes to go back outside to toss some more seeds on the snow for the birds. The new snow has covered up any of the previous spreading.

Not only is the snow coming down heavy & fast [not really showing in the two photos below] but the wet snow is bending the bamboo again. The snow is layering quite heavily on some of the trees. That accumulation can cause power outages.

This is about the deepest snow I have seen in 13+ years living in Arkansas. The fact it is going to be around for several days is depressing for me, as I really want to get outside & be working in the yard. And I don't mean shoveling snow !!!

MORE BAD NEWS. The new, "revised" forecast, is for a "Winter Storm Warning" till 6 A.M. tomorrow, along with a potential for 4-6 inches of additional snow today.

WE WERE FORECAST TO GET RAIN !!!!!!!

And ... I only have one package of "Kat Snacks" left. [Those thugs are going to turn on me, I know it.]

So there is just a ton of bad news -- A major snow storm. Freezing temperatures, rather than the sun to help melt the snow & the (soon to be) ice. Three felines about to run out of their favorite food. [Please !!! Expect them to eat their regular food ??? It will be a battle.] And all four of us having another bout of "cabin fever".

Oh ... the good news ??

The snow is what we used to call "good packing". Being a wet snow, it makes GREAT snowballs.

Where is Bubba, now that I could really use him ?? (as a target).

2 comments:

  1. Not snowballs - a snowman. Make one a take a pic for us readers.

    Your story about the cat just wanting you to hold the door reminded me of Simon's Cat, see here: http://www.simonscat.com/letmein.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,

    I've really enjoyed catching up, reading your latest blog articles. You write really well...reminds me of Wally Hall..ha ha. Maybe you should be writing for the Lonoke Democrat on Thursdays..ha ha ha.

    Maybe I could substitute for that Bubba fellow..I love chunking snowballs. I used to do it all the time with Janet.

    M.Huckabee

    ReplyDelete