Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

REPTILE BREEDERS EXPO TIME ... AGAIN

My home is all mine right now.  No sharing of the bed or couch. No being concerned with tripping over anything laying on the floor ... like a cat.  My house is empty.  All three girls are ... gone. The silence is deafening.

It's the time of the year when all three cats -- Precious, Nibblets & THE WOBBLER -- have their annual visit to Foster Animal Hospital.  They get their physicals, which include all their booster shots, checked for worms & ear mites, have their flea & tick treatments applied, along with mammograms & pelvic exams.  [Well, maybe not those last two.]

All three will also be having a few "vacation days", as they are being boarded through the weekend.  It is convenient -- and planned -- that their annual check-ups coincide with my annual August trip to Florida for the National Reptile Breeders Expo.


Every year I attend this event, first held in Orlando, but now located in Daytona Beach.  This will be -- I am pretty sure -- my 20th straight year to attend.  [I somehow missed the first two years of the Expo.] With a record like that, you know I enjoy going each year.

This is also one of the times when I go visit my Mother in Wildwood, Florida.  It's kind of a "two-fer" trip; seeing my Mom & then cavorting with hundreds of people selling thousands of snakes, turtles, lizards & all sorts of stuff having to do with reptile keeping & breeding.

I am looking forward to Daytona once again & another Reptile Breeders Expo.

I'll also look to coming back home -- with "purchases" ?? -- & again sharing my home with Precious, Nibblets & THE WOBBLER.  I miss them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment