Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

MEOWATHON - 2011

Today I am filling out & mailing my registration form for this year's MEOWATHON 5K race in Memphis, Tennessee.  This annual race -- it's the 8th this year -- will be held on Saturday, November 19th in Overton Park. [Good location.  Run in the race & then visit the Panda's at the Memphis Zoo, also in Overton Park.]

It will be my fifth straight year to participate in this event, which is a fund raiser/sponsorship for The House of Mews -- a non-profit, no kill, cat sanctuary/shelter & adoption agency located in the Copper-Young section of Memphis.  Details on the HOM & the MEOWATHON can be found by clicking here.

This is one event I mark on my calendar each year, & as my friends know, one of the very few reasons for me to get my butt out of Arkansas & make the two hour drive over to Memphis. Knowing the hard work & effort Elain Harvey & her volunteers put into the daily operation of providing for (at least) 100-plus cats/kittens at the HOM, attending & contributing to the MEOWATHON is the least I can do.

Come join me -- & several hundred others -- Saturday morning, November 19th, at 9 A.M. in Memphis.  You can run, walk or just cheer everyone trying to help out some sweet, helpless kitties.

Or ... if if you can't make the event, look at the HOM web site & donate a few $$.  They take cash & "cards".  They even have PayPal.

No comments:

Post a Comment