Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Monday, May 23, 2011

SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME

First of all ... the important news.  Today is WORLD TURTLE DAY.  Be sure to give your shelled-backed friends a hug today.

The above is feeding time for my larger tortoises; a tempting plate of mushrooms.

Now for a quick update of a personal nature.  My HP computer "died" last week.  It was old & it just was ... 'it's time". 

Replacing a computer is both expensive & time consuming.  What data could be saved from the old computer, while important, was not the entire content of the memory/storage in the HP, & the bottom line is: I lost a lot of stuff.

I'm currently attempting to use sources to "recover" as much as I can information wise -- while also "learning" the new lap top Toshiba's programs & new software -- but it's going to take awhile.

Still, after going most of a week without a computer -- along with all the information & sources the web provides -- it seems as if my life is getting back to "normal" ... whatever that is !

6 comments:

  1. Computer stuff - blah. My son reformats for me when everything gets hinky, but I still need to put the info back where it belongs. Takes forever - what a mess!

    We use New Egg and Amazon for good computer deals. Sometimes Tiger Direct too, although that may be more of a "gamers" site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "lost" all the songs I had personaly put into iTunes, for my iPod. Apple will not "reload" the songs into iTunes due to "copyrights". Out of almost 4,000 songs in my iPod, Apple would only download the 25 songs I bought from them. So ... I still have the 4,000 songs in my iPod, but I have no way to make playlists or burn copies, since I can't get to the songs on-line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back. Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was suffering without a connection to the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I hate it when that happens. Sure hope you didn't loose Buffett.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks as if I "lost" my iTunes library. All the songs are in my iPod, but with out iTunes I can not edit, make play lists or burn CD's.

    I'm still trying to find options.

    ReplyDelete