Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SATURATED ...

Finally ... it appears the weather radar screens for central Arkansas are devoid of the mixture of colors -- green/yellow/red -- which have dominated them for the past 72 hours.  The question now remains:  How long till the flooding areas & TOTALLY soggy earth, returns to ... "normal" ??

I took this photo yesterday afternoon.  I thought the rain had finally stopped.  It hadn't.  I got caught in another downpour trying to capture the look of the flooded/swollen creek which separates my property.

The above photo shows "Lake Hilda" -- named for my Mother -- submerging the front yard to such a degree that the H2O flows over the driveway, like the H2O in a dam's spillway.

There are a lot of "projects" awaiting me this Spring, most of them involving repairs & clean-ups.

The fallen/broken trees await.  The front fence needs parts replaced.  The shed roof has a hole in it -- from a broken tree branch -- allowing H2O to drip close to my John Deere mower -- which by the way, awaits the earth to dry out -- so it can be picked up & repaired by the J.D. dealer. [The drive train broke the other day.]

I sure am looking forward to things getting back to "normal"; complaining about the heat ... the mosquito's ... along with having to haul H2O to trees & plants in the yard ... to keep them from drying & withering.

Right now ... it's just saturated !!!

3 comments:

  1. It's as dry as a bone here, but when it rains, it'll be a mess. That's the way it always goes.

    Does it ever get close to coming in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of that rain to my area, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worst of times have seen the H2O at the side of my house. Thankfully, the house is elevated about 18" above the ground.

    I did find in my travels yesterday, that both of the bridges East & West of here, were flooded over.

    Additionly, I received photos of some of my old stomping grounds in Memphis. MAJOR flooding, with higher H2O still to come. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete