Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

JUST ME & THE GIRLS

My Mother -- Hilda -- returned home to Florida early this A.M. We were at the Little Rock airport at 5:30 & her first flight -- to Memphis -- left a little over an hour later. She then caught her connection on down to Orlando. She called me about 12:30 P.M. to say she had made it home okay.

I enjoyed her visit. I was especially pleased this visit that the cats included Hilda when they were ... being themselves. They can be a fun & entertaining trio. They can also drive me to heavy drinking.

Yesterday afternoon, my youngest cat -- THE WOBBLER -- AKA, Wobs -- did the usual cat disappearing act. She was in the yard when Mom & me returned from lunch. Then ... gone.

The other two cats were in the house & a major thunderstorm was arriving. I searched the yard & looked for Wobs in all the "usual" locations. No cat.

After the storm passed, the other two cats -- Precious & Nibblets -- went outside. I kept my eye on the two, knowing that might attract Wobs to join them. No luck.

Hours passed & I was VERY concerned about the missing WOBBLER. The other two cats were still the only ones I could see in the backyard. It was starting to get dark & I was beginning to fear the worst for my sweet Wobs.

Just then ... Wobs came down the stairs from the loft. She'd been in the house the whole time. Make mine a double.

I've realized the "landscaping" I've done through the years has not dealt with too many flowers around the house or in the yard. I have lots of flowering TREES, but not much in the way of plantings for "beds" & walkways. I'm planning on changing that in the future & add to the limited "color" I now have.

Above is a picture of the Clematis vine I have growing at my mailbox. I bought it via mail-order years ago. It flowers every year with NO effort on my part.

NOTE: The boots my Mother is wearing in the picture are mine. We had a lot of rain & everywhere it was wet & muddy.

I've always liked Iris & have some nice blooms each year. I bought both plants pictured also via mail-order; these from a speciality nursery in Oregon.

I also have some nice Daylilies, several which are just now getting ready to bloom. I'll have some photos of those up on the site in the near future.

So ... now it's just me & the cats again. I know my Mother had a good time & enjoyed being here. I'll visit with her, in August, when I go to Florida for my annual vacation & the Reptile Breeders Expo. I wonder if the oil spill will be there too ??

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous. When things settle down around here, I need to take some pics of the weird stuff we have.

    Corpus Christi hadn't had snow for 100 years . . . until Christmas eve 2004. It was lovely and a joy for everyone, but that whole evening I couldn't find my big cat Inky and I just knew she was out in the snow. I was still calling for her outside, off and on until midnight, when finally I heard her respond to me with a funny sound. She had been sleeping under the Christmas tree behind all the presents. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete