Bamboo as it should be -- HUGE !!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

JIMMY BUFFETT SINGS ABOUT MY LIFE

I've been a fan of Jimmy Buffett for many years. I've written about my feelings previously.  Of course, I liked him & his music before he made it BIG & everyone now knows who he is.  Good for Jimmy, but I still like his (much) older song's & music; his tunes that often seem like they were written with my life in mind.


I've been spending a lot of time recently on my FACEBOOK pages, adding old photos & information to the new "Timeline" feature of FACEBOOK.  It's fun to add black & white photos, many of them almost 50 years old.  [That certainly is a "timeline".] 

One photo I found -- from LONG AGO -- gave me mixed thoughts about adding it to my FACEBOOK pages. I have not been fully supportive of my own emotions in making the photo available to my friends who view my pages.

So ... instead I am going to "publish" it here -- on my blog -- for the world to have access to the photo & then decide later if the photo -- & the story behind it  -- is worth sharing on FACEBOOK.

Yes ... I realize many of my FACEBOOK friends look at my blog, but still the photo will only reach a few people I share FACEBOOK with.

Here it goes ------

Circa 1968 ... this is a photo of me ... with MY WIFE !!!  As Jimmy Buffett sings ... "I got married too early ... cost me much more than a ring".

For now ... just the photo.  Later, "the story" behind the photo -- & the wife -- will appear either on this blog ... or FACEBOOK ... or both.

Yep ... Jimmy sings about MY LIFE.

4 comments:

  1. You never told me that she wss blonde...

    Black Converse sneakers...so 1960's. I used to have 'em also.

    Earl P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The low-cut "Cons" gave in a step or two advntage in the b-ball games in the college gym. At the time, all sneakers were WHITE only -- no colors like today -- & only the Boston Celtics wore the black shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually watched some several concerts of Jimmy Buffett.. just scored some good tickets for his concert at Riverbend . . I enjoyed it a lot with all the praises he deserves.

    ReplyDelete